Q Book Editing is a Vancouver book editing firm, founded by me, Joel Bain.
My editorial focus is working with self-publishing authors and assisting memoir writers.
Regardless of where you are on your journey to publishing your own manuscript or writing your memoir, I am happy to meet you.
I offer a wide range of options to help meet your editing needs, whether you need a full manuscript evaluation, copy editing, proofreading, or an assessment of your book proposal or query letter. I can help refine your copy and focus your project to better position it for publishing success.
As a Vancouver Book Editor, my role to be an honest coach about your performance as a writer and also your greatest advocate.
What are my credentials?
- Trained as an editor at Simon Fraser University from 2013-2016. Received my Certificate of Editing for completing the program in 2016.
- Copy Editor at BookFish Books since 2017.
- Student Associate Member of Editors' Association of Canada since 2016.
- In 2009, I wrote and self-published my first novel, TEARDROPS IN THE RAIN. In 2017, I released my second novel, EACH OUR OWN DEVIL.
- Graduated from the University of British Columbia ('09) in International Relations and English Literature.
- Served as Editor-in-Chief of the digital magazine Sour Grapes Winery from 2010-2014. Mentored aspiring writers while providing feedback and guidance.
What services do I offer?
- Developmental Editing
- Substantive/Structural Editing
- Copy Editing
- Book Proposal/Query Editing
- Memoir Project Management
Need help understanding what each of these services entail? Click on the service for a clear description. N.B.: All definitions are taken from the Editors' Association of Canada.
I am accepting project bookings for mid-July 2017.
Tell me about your project in the form below. Providing I am a good fit to meet your book editing needs, I will then provide you with a competitive quote and the next steps.
If your project falls outside my expertise, I will offer you a referral to one of my colleagues better suited to your project and your budget.
If you are a writer just starting your writing journey, I would be thrilled to help you navigate the start of your writing career and help you avoid the most common pitfalls and challenges.
Follow me on Twitter: @Qediting
Request a Quote: